Trevor Bartlett Car Accident: Former Nottingham Post Photographer Trevor Bartlett Dies After A52 Col

May 2024 · 2 minute read

Trevor Bartlett Car Accident: Former Nottingham Post Photographer Trevor Bartlett Dies After A52 Collision in Beeston

Trevor Bartlett Car Accident: Legendary Nottingham Post photographer Trevor Bartlett has died following a collision on the A52 in Beeston. The 80-year-old was walking home from the pub when he was in a collision with a police van around 6.30 p.m. on December 19.

The popular snapper began working at the Nottingham Evening Post as a 15-year-old copy boy, leaving school on a Friday and starting at the paper on Monday. He went on to become the youngest press photographer in the Midlands at the age of 17. He worked at the paper for 45 years, picturing thousands of locals, royalty, politicians, pop stars and sports stars becoming firm friends with former Nottingham Forest manager Brian Clough.

Trevor, who retired at the age of 62, had been to his local, the Nurseryman, for a couple of drinks and was on his way home for his dinner when the accident happened. When he didn’t return home at the usual time, his wife of 58 years, Sandra, thought he’d been chatting with a friend. She texted and called his mobile but there was no answer.

She said, “About 7.45 p.m., I said to my son, I’ll go down there and look for him because he’d never stay as late as that. I was just getting my coat when the door went. I thought it was him but it was the police.”

Sandra, who met Trevor at college when she was 17, said, “I can’t believe it. I kept saying, ‘Where is he? Is he alright? They said there’s been a collison and he didn’t make it. Robert and I walked down at 10 p.m. because I wanted to see where it happened and there was a detective and he told me it was a police car.

“The police said last night they were going to put a statement out and did I want his name in it and I said yes because he’s got so many friends. I want people to know because that would be what he wanted.”

ncG1vNJzZmismKm%2ForrQrqacrJ%2BWu62twp2sqKaXY7KlwY2vpWisoprDsL6Mm5irrJyawbV5wpqpZpmTmLalsc2tZJ%2BnoqKys3nNqKutoZ6ctaK5jKmmrKxdpbWwwM6gqZqomJq%2FbsDRnq2oql2XrrPAy56rrWWUnrK0ecCfq56qXZaCc3nCqKOloaOevK95yKdkm52VqMGwuo4%3D